Wednesday, November 14, 2012

re-purposed doily + potholder

I have acquired a few doilies over the years some as gifts, a couple thrift ed etc. A few of them are ripped or stained in sections and I had worn out my potholder. So I decided to re-purpose one of the doilies, combine it with a couple scraps of check fabric and make a new potholder. 
Using block 'Double Square' from the book Around the Block by Judy Hopkins as my inspiration
added a small border to the block
layered and quilted everything with a couple layers of wool wadding in the center and finally
added a binding which incorporated a loop

1 comment:

  1. 'Tis nice - are you going to hang it up & look at it to keep it really lovely & clean????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )