Sunday, February 2, 2014

oh my it was delicious

A recipe for Strawberry Meringue Cake caught my eye in the latest edition of Feast magazine. Perfect timing as I had made husband chocolate mousse, so four egg whites were awaiting inspiration. 

The base is the meringue with a crushed sweet biscuit (I used ginger-nut cookies) and chopped nut (I used macadamia) mixed through. The top is a similar consistency to that of cheesecake, a combination of cream cheese, sour cream (I used sweetened Greek yoghurt), icing sugar and vanilla. Decorated with fresh berries - simply delicious. 

Over the weekend we also visited a couple demolition yards looking for old screen doors to put on the chicken coupe. While out, we also popped into a couple of op shops where I purchased serving plates and three bowls.


Never miss a post subscribe to the newsletter

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )