Friday, September 10, 2010

finishing off and new discoveries

My New York
This week has been a finishing off and new discoveries week. I finally finished sewing the bottom half of my rod pocket down on "My New York" wall quilt. The quilt currently has pride of place on my studio wall.

I also quilted another quilt that was inspired by the saying 'The writings on the wall'. I'm aiming to finish sewing the binding and rod pocket on this weekend and of course take a couple of photos.

 My new discovery for the week was while I was surfing the net as you do, I stumbled across a website called Redbubble which is a website for artists. Basically you create your own gallery shop of photos or scanned images and depending on the quality of the image (they have very good instructions to point you in the right direction) your creation is able to be applied to greeting cards, stretched canvass, prints, posters, t-shirts and calendars. Anyway I'm still learning as I go but I have managed to put together a little gallery (baby steps). I've really enjoyed browsing through some of the other artists galleries as well, so many talented people and lots of wonderful artistic eye candy to browse through.


1 comment:

  1. Ah - brings back lots of memories - I'm still to do my fire escapes piece!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )