Sunday, November 14, 2010

stitched portraits on paper

I've been really enjoying the acrylic painting but I tend not to stray to far from stitch or textiles so a few weeks back I started to explore with free motion stitching onto various types on paper. The first picture is stitched onto white paper, the second picture I have painted a background and then stitched over it. The third picture I have painted various pieces of paper, stitch one piece, cut the others up and then collaged them onto a piece of watercolor paper and further embellished with hand stitching. I've been really enjoying this adventure - paper isn't as bulky as a quilt but is doesn't have the flexibility of a quilt so there has been a couple of little challenges with maneuvering  the larger paper pieces through the machine.

All three images will be availble as prints at mels redbubble gallery

1 comment:

  1. Who's a clever chook! Will have to buy my first piece soon before you get well-known & expensive! Chris J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )