Thursday, February 28, 2013

crossing bridges

I've wondered across The Kurilpa Bridge a few times since the bridge opened in 2009 and always been intrigued by the patterns the overlapping wires form, the size of the bolts and cables. I also enjoy the views from the bridge. At night the bridge is lit by LED lights which are solar powered and can be programmed to change colors - always a pleasant evening stroll. In recent years the bridge has also been included in the RiverFire Fireworks display. The pedestrian and bicycle bridge is 470m long and connects Kurilpa Point near GOMA in South Brisbane to Tank Street.
 So towards the end of last year on one of my visits to GOMA I had my camera and sketchbook with me and wondered up onto the bridge and spent sometime pausing in the viewing platforms and rest areas to take a few shots and enjoy a little bit of sketching - very pleasant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )