Thursday, January 10, 2013

back in the studio

Well with the festive season over and me almost being baked out (only almost, I do actually enjoy a bit of baking etc just the washing up one creates can be somewhat tiresome) anyway I've been enjoying my return to the studio with a little bit of playtime. A while ago I purchased a box of water-soluble wax pastels (Neocolor II by Caran d'Ache) and have really enjoyed using them in my sketchbooks. So it was time to have a bit of a play onto fabric. I started with a piece of leftover upholstery fabric and added some color to the rose pattern that was already printed on the fabric. I then moved onto a  couple of leftover pieces I had from when I was practicing using the gel medium method to transfer digital images onto fabrics. While the images hadn't transferred the way I was envisaging at the time, I liked the texture and shading the imperfect image transfer had created so I had popped the pieces aside for one day. And this week is my one day week. The above images are the progress thus far. I'm really enjoying working with the crayons, being soft they don't pull the fabric as much and I also really like their vibrant colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )